IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, April 30, 2012

AND TODAY IS ANOTHER DAY---

I am thinking I must be a pretty good writer----after all to elicit such a passionate response----even a negative response--well somebody out there is reading and feels the need to respond.   I don't have it altogether---I use this forum as a channel for personal reflection and probably even therapy.  It is not meant to upset anyone and I hope no one feels the compulsion to read it if it stirs up negative feelings---Negative emotions-anger-bitterness-hate---are such a waste of your valuable energy and quite frankly though you may desire to make me angry---you do not succeed---rather I have great compassion and sorrow for how unhappy you sound.


As to reviewing the comments before they are published---I have that option and have been advised by more than one to do just that.  I've thought about it---here's my conclusion.  We ALL need to think----most of the comments cause me to think---and try to put myself in another's place.  I just watched a slide show from friends that went to Africa on a mission trip.  I was reminded of how blessed I truly am.  I have food on the table--a lovely home--clothes on my back--a trade to ply--many hobbies that I love---and an amazing group of friends and family who love me well.  What more could I possibly ask for and not seem greedy.


So I have turned my prayers into intercessory prayers for those that I love----I do not ask for anything for myself anymore---except for God to reveal "His Perfect Plan" for my life.  I read Psalm 30 this morning during my time alone with the Lord--


There will indeed be "Joy in the Morning".

1 comment:

Gabe said...

Don't feed the trolls. Whoever this cheeto fingered-desk chair quarterback is he/she is simply trying to elicit an emotional response. If you let the troll starve eventually his/her sweatpants will fuse into that sweaty crumb covered throne from which he/she cast their bait and they will go on to the other blogs, tumblr, etc. they hit up for their sustenance.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

And yes, in a bit of passive aggressive trolling I am referencing Wikipedia as a source.