IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, July 12, 2010

PREPETUAL CAMP DIRECTOR!

















Pappaw told me this weekend that the only fun he and Nannie had at the NH was Bingo. That set me to thinking-----BC tells me I think WAY TOO MUCH. I was disturbed t hat he was not happy and determined to "Fix It". The Psychology books tell you that this comes with being the "Middle Child". I am always trying to fix things. So if you need fixing-just let me know---I obviously consider it a challenge.

I have talked with the Recreation director at the NH and it seems that Pappaw will not go to the craft sessions -which he loves-without Nannie-who could care less. I have taken it as a personal challenge to get them going---without realizing what I am doing.

So today, I went to see them with coloring sheets of peaches. Nannie IMMEDIATELY wanted to know what I had and why I had it. I told her that the Grands would LOVE getting pictures colored by all 3 of us in the mail and they would send us pictures back. I said, we can do this whenever you want. She told me not today and I put everything on the shelf. About 15 minutes later, she said well maybe we can color today. We all colored our pictures. As I was leaving, she told me I enjoyed coloring with you today. SCORE! I have other ideas for the days to come. I LOVE my children's grandparents and would do anything to help them improve their quality of life. BEWARE THE BORN CAMP DIRECTOR IS AT WORK!

5 comments:

Deb said...

They are lucky to have such a concerned daughter in law. About the middle child thing....yes, I can see that in my sister, Julie.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

You're sweet, Mom. Good idea

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Goosie

Jessica Stephenson said...

I love it and it is great for them!

Gabe said...

That's great, Mom! Brilliant!