IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, July 28, 2010

POISE

My dear sweet friend told me to "Keep my poise". I have spent the morning thinking that over and chuckling. Thank you God for laughter! Momma would be SO GLAD that there was someone in my life to give me this advice----after all she was a FIRM believer in keeping your poise!

I have this mental picture of a little old lady with a pillbox hat with the net only slightly pulled over the edge of her hair, shirt-waist dress down to mid-calf, umbrella in her hand, back as straight as an arrow, glasses on absolutely straight with low pumps on her feet-striking a no-nonsense pose with a non-telling look of cool on her face. YEP that's me for sure!

I guess the plans I have of taking out a full page ad announcing to the world ALL my grievances will have to be put on hold. AND OH YEAH---the loaded gun by the front door should probably be unloaded and put away. The fantasy of standing on the courthouse square while standing on a large box and announcing to all around my plans for those that have "fooled with me" will also have to wait. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST----the carefully laid plans of Getting Even will have to be thrown in the trash.

WHAT'S THE FUN OF MAINTAINING YOUR POISE????

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

We should join the DAR and Junior League and be poised women!

Deb said...

I've always envied the southern poise...us Yankee girls are not famous for poise :). It is what it is.

Anonymous said...

Poise is just a couple of letters shy of becoming "Poison"!! Sometimes it helps to let it out!

SB