IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, July 1, 2010

MINI ADVENTURE


After a stressful week of moving Pappaw & Nannie into NH and cleaning out their apartment, I had a brain storm. I invited my 2 SIL's to come with me to Austin to pick up #1 & #2 Grand for Conville Camp. As a little special trip I planned a stop in Dallas to see "Dreamgirls" which had just started playing on stage at Music Hall at Fair Park.
We had a leisurely drive over stopping in Longview at BC's & my favorite Mexican restaurant. They both said it was the BEST Mexican food they had ever had. We then continued the drive into Big D without a hitch. After arriving in downtown Dallas, I only had to make one extra loop to get to our hotel-THOSE DARNED ONE WAY STREETS!
We checked in and I started talking about the 1/2 marathon I ran here in December. It turns out that neither had ever been to "The Grassy Knoll", so we took a little over a mile stroll to see the sites. Nice day for a walk!
We then went to the Theater and ate at a delicious buffet in the theater itself. DELICIOUS! I should have just started with the dessert table!
THE MUSICAL WAS FANTASTIC! We laughed, we cried, we cheered, and we jeered----WONDERFUL music and choreography! MUCH BETTER THAN THE MOVIE!
Off to Austin tomorrow via a trip down memory lane in Waco. Great trip so far!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Sounds fabulous!! Musicals on stage are 1,000 percent better than the movies everytime!