IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, July 8, 2010

CAMP CONVILLE-DAY 5

WHEW!!!!! What a day! Started with actually staying in the bed until almost 7---THANK YOU LORD! Breakfast at home and then we hit the road! We went to the Lincoln Parish War Museum. WOW! If you have not been, you should not miss it! It is well done and MANY artifacts beginning with the Indian/US Calvary Wars all the way up to Dessert Storm. MOST IMPRESSIVE! I think the boys loved it-especially the guns and weapons!

We then went to WOW for a lunch of wings--I've never seen Caleb eat more! We then went to the pool with several friends for the entire afternoon. We all 3 are glowing quite a bit tonight.

Home for a quick shower and then off to the "Country Club" at Sheila & Rob's. I was amazed when the boys just went in the chicken coop without a hesitation and even gathered eggs. They had a LONG 4 wheeler ride with Rob & Sheila while I had my first quiet moments in a week. We then walked down to the pond and the boys did some shooting.

QUITE THE DAY! I AM EXHAUSTED AND SO ARE THEY!

Quote of the Day-

To give you some background, #2 needs a hair cut BADLY! I have finally succeeded in bribing him to get one tomorrow. When I struck the bargain, his comment was-

"Well can we at least wait until Silvey (other grandmother) gets here? I need someone who lives with me to go with me."

















































































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

these boys aren't gonna want to come home!