IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, June 10, 2010

WHICH BRINGS ME TO THE QUESTION-----------

There was a comment made on the last post that if life is a marathon then hopefully we will have a slow time. Which brings me to today's subject.....

I have come to the conclusion that I am not sure I am in favor of prolonging my life as long as possible. I have had plenty of experience of watching loved ones live a LONG time and the quality of their life become POOR---or almost non-existent. Do we all want to be here as long as possible---even if we are planted in a chair or bed with virtually "No Life"? Do we deprive ourselves today in hopes of being in a Nursing Home someday ---with a family burdened with our care and most days not even knowing who we are? Does this all sound appealing to you?

NOT ME---I am thinking I will not do anything to prolong my life. After all when there is no quality of life, no joy in living------WHAT is the point. Is this what God intended? Do we not believe in His promise of Eternity and the joyful life that is promised when we are with Him? Think about it---let me know your thoughts.....Have we taken medical science to the point of keeping us here FAR beyond what was intended?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you realy think you are in control of even the days on the earth. have we come to think we can control that too. The doctors even tho they have a lot of knowledge and they can work and work trying to preserve life God is in control of even that-He will call you home when your days are over.