IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, June 26, 2010

MIND OVER MATTER


Running is a HUGE mind game! Today---I lost the battle of the wills! Saturday is the day for our weekly long run. After a day of apartment cleaning yesterday and LOTS of dust, I woke up at 4:45 with my head really stopped up. As I came to from the fog of sleep---I thought-HEY I DON"T FEEL GOOD! My body said, you are getting sick-just stay in bed. Usually I fight off these feelings and make myself go. There was no going today----I texted Larry and crawled back in the bed to sleep. I should have gotten up and gone! At 6:45 after waking up and looking at the clock several times after 5, my phone rings. I look at the clock and decide I can call them back. THEN my cell phone starts ringing----I GIVE UP! So after a short telephone conversation, I give up and get up. After I had been up for about 30 minutes ---an oh yeah taken a decongestant--I feel fine.


I should have gotten up-----my body won the battle over my mind today---but there will be another battle another day and MY MIND WILL OVERCOME!






No comments: