IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, June 1, 2010

BIG DAY!

While some are off to a beach or a resort or to visit children and Grands, I am in Overdrive! NO COMMENTS FROM THE PEANUT SECTION!!!!

Yesterday I started my annual deck cleaning. I LOVE all the many square feet of deck we have until the time comes for cleaning and re-sealing!----WORK!!!! I have more than half of the deck finished and another 1/4 ready for its second coat of deck wash. The other 1/4 I have not started on yet. After all of this has dried completely-2-3days--I will spray and paint on the new sealer. I started this project by cleaning the front rock stained cement Friday. It looked so good, that I went to the next adjacent outdoor surface the garage and cleaned it. This lead to the next surface the deck. I am a GLUTTON for PUNISHMENT!

Today I had to take a break to do some difficult family duty. Our parents getting older is tough for us all and the supervision of their care can be hard---especially when they are not compliant with your decisions. Sweet SIL was left with a difficult job today when other sweet SIL left for a mission trip. I volunteered to help with the job. We will have a LONG stressful day--but it will be more difficult for her---since these are her parents. I have told BC & his sisters that I have learned being one step removed is a great help when walking this road.

THE GOOD NEWS----WE FIND OUT TODAY WHAT THE NEWEST GRAND WILL BE! Four of a kind or working on a full house---I count it ALL as joy!

Check here late today or tomorrow and see our news-----

in the meantime Pray for me as I head into the day.

1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

You have such a generous heart. Love you Mom!