IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, June 25, 2010

UPDATE ON MOVE


Sisters in law, niece, nephew & I finished cleaning out the independent living apartment this AM. I drove away knowing that this chapter in their lives was now finished. Until you have been there, I don't think you realize the finality of these moments. As I drove away from Leslie Lakes, I knew I would never visit there again-after 8 years of visits. I still have items in my car to store, but for the most part eight years of accumulation and living were given away or stored today in a few short hours. Keep this in mind---YOU REALLY CANNOT TAKE IT WITH YOU!
As for how they are settling in to their new home,-----some moments good and others not so good. On a lighter note, when I went by to visit after the move--I found Pappaw leading the parade down the hall with Nannie in close pursuit. It seems that Pappaw won 2 quarters at Bingo in therapy this AM and so NOW he is on a mission. I was invited to walk along with them to Bingo but NOTHING would deter Pappaw from the clink of those quarters he anticipated winning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope he is not competing with my grandmother for those BINGO quarters! Nothing gets in the way of her BINGO! Don't go visit when BINGO is on.

Chrome Cowgirl