IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, June 30, 2010

UNCLE COUSIN GOOSE

I am ONCE AGAIN on a mission. I spent the ENTIRE day yesterday painting. As the grands affectionately call him, "Uncle Cousin Goose" lives in Nannies and Pappw's house in The Boro. Nannie & Pappaw were never ones to make ANY changes in the decor of their home--EVER! When Michael moved in, I went and with the assistance of my sweet friend, Sonja--we painted his bedroom and had it all ready for him when he got back from a mission trip. I am now helping SIL Nancy (his Mom) paint the den. The den has dark paneling (sans 1960) with varnished wood work. We have put 2 coats of primer on and cut in all the final coat of paint as well as finished the trim with the final coat. Today we are finishing up with the rolling on of that final coat---one coat for sure and perhaps two. As I told Michael (his real name)---A REAL LABOR OF LOVE!

Michael is called Goose by all his friends---can't really remember the source of that nickname. He is my nephew and the first cousin of my children. My grands call him "Uncle Cousin" in a cute respectful endearment manner. WE ALL LOVE MICHAEL. The good news is that Michael will be assuming the PE teacher job at the school where I volunteer and his Aunt Kathy is the "Resource Teacher". I will be seeing LOTS of him next year!

He did tell me that I could make a living painting if I wanted. I quickly told him no one else could afford me and only when it was a labor of love did I really want to pursue it anyway!