IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, November 30, 2008

THANKFUL!




We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the entire family here for the weekend and 17 for lunch Thursday. It was a wonderful day, great meal, warm visit, and all around perfect weekend and holiday. We are still enjoying leftovers-recreating the turkey and ham in ways that I love as much as Thanksgiving day. I am happy to say there was plenty of spinach madeline, with still a small amount left in the frig. Tomorrow will bring a "BIG" cleaning out of the frig and returning to normal.
All of the chickens are back in their home nests and it is time to think about Christmas. I will post more pictures over the next few days and tell more about our time together.
Do you sometimes wonder who thought it was a good idea to have Thanksgiving and Christmas so close together? A little over-whelming to say the least!


7 comments:

Deb said...

Looks like quite a FEAST and so many family members and friends there to share it with you. Glad it was fantastic!

Baby High Five said...

we had a great time and will post photos soon.

adrian seney said...

So glad your Thanksgiving was nice! I know you enjoyed having everyone home.

Cynthia said...

17?! Wow! That's a lot to have in one space! And yes, I have thought about why they put Thanksgiving and Christmas so close together...it does seem a little strange. Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday. I tend to get sad at Christmas...not sure why. Anyway, glad you had a great holiday! I'd love to come visit you and BC...maybe after the new year!

Anonymous said...

I thought about you all weekend!!
I told Lisa several times that I was so glad you were going to have all you kiddos and other family and friends together! I even asked for prayer in church yesterday for all your folks that were traveling home..(I think they might have all left before yesterday..if so, well...GOD answered the prayer ahead of time!!
Talk to you later...Goose Creek Buddy

the Jennings secede from the South said...

We had a great time! Thanks for the trip!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I hope you made Camille and Adam sit at the little kids card table.