IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, November 24, 2008

AND SO IT BEGINS


Camille-HERE IT IS! Today started the "Food" preparations for Thanksgiving. After a marathon trip to the grocery store, I got busy working on Camille's VERY FAVORITE- Spinach Madeline. I think everyone in the world has the recipe, but if you don't let me know. IT IS DELICIOUS! I made it GOOD & SPICY (not entirely on purpose) this year. People make statements like, "I don't like spinach". FORGET THE SPINACH-you taste peppers, cheese in a white sauce and bread crumbs. This dish and Mammaw B's dressing and Camille is a HAPPY HAPPY GIRL! She has a tendency to count helpings that others have had. Something about wanting her fair share.
We will have a house full come Thursday. Our life long friends The Thompson's and Brantly's will be here from South Louisiana. You will remember we have vacationed with The Thompson's for 31 years. WOW that is a LONG TIME! #1 DIL's mother will be with us, The Senior Conville's and ALL of our crew-including "Baby Jennings In-utero".
Lots of fun and lots of food and fellowship. Visiting, laughing, playing, and eating will round out the long weekend. It will FLY by, but I am not thinking about that today-only looking forward to a great time.
OH CAMILLE-CAN YOU JUST TASTE IT?

5 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I love spinach and NEED this recipe....I am not going to the store until tomorrow.......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHARE!!!!!!!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I had never even heard of this until I read yours and camille's blog. How could this have slipped through my culinary digets???

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oh Mom...I cannot wait!!!

adrian seney said...

Bread crumbs in spinach madeline? I don't think we use that recipe. I may call you shortly so we can compare notes. We all love it here, too! Maybe at some point we can see one another over the holiday weekend.

Anonymous said...

us yankees need the recipe we've never heard of this :)