IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, November 8, 2008

SMART GENES

I had a telephone call this week from #1 catching me up to date on the Austin goings on. It seems that Grand #1 and Grand #2 made all A's on their report cards this time around. SMART-SMART BOYS! They have the good fortune to have inherited the Smart Genes from both sides of the Gene Pool. LUCKY BOYS! Hey Boys-If you love Math you might have inherited that from me and if you love to write-Poppa Bob is a wonderful writer. Now the music talent definitely comes from both your Momma and your Daddy-but if you are a good artist-WELL I DO NOT KNOW WHERE THAT CAME FROM. Ask your Momma if her side of the family have artistic leanings. I flunked coloring in the first grade and it has been all down hill since then. WAY TO GO LITTLE TEXANS!

Grand #2-Looks a LOT like his Daddy did at that age. I wonder if he has a problem keeping his pants girded tight enough like his Dad did when he was a little boy.
Grand #1 definitely looks like his Momma. When you see her pictures from childhood, it is like seeing a clone. He has promised to teach me "Guitar Hero" when I go to Austin next time. I did have to persuade him that he should teach me. Perhaps he has some doubts about my abilities. HE SHOULD!
"The Boys" will be in Vienna come Thanksgiving. We are looking forward to a great time being with our sweet grands!


3 comments:

adrian seney said...

Of course they are smart boys...and cute, too!

Ann Miller said...

we'll be in town, too, and are planning a real campout bonfire at poppa and honey's---we'd love for y'all to join us!!! the kids had such a great time together this summer! love y'all!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Whoa, Cade does look a lot like Scott did in pictures. Weird!