IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, November 9, 2008

REFLECTIONS ON SUNDAY'S WORD

The pastors at our church are preaching the way through Acts. Acts is a book full of the history of the early church and those that worked to spread The Word. Today's message was taken from the 20th & 21st chapter and centers around the end of Paul's third missionary journey. The next stage of Paul's ministry would involve trial, persecution and his ultimate death, but today we centered on how we are to lead according to The Gospel and who The Gospel leads us toward.

We are led toward community and relationships within The Community. The message indicated that deep friendships were a sign of spiritual health and maturity. The ache of longing for relationship is the one ache in our lives that is not the result of sin. Adam was lonely because he was perfect-before man's fall. God created us because of His desire to live in relationship with us. The only perfect relationship we will ever live in is our relationship with our Father. God created us to desire and need community and our lives are incomplete without those relationships.

I am grateful and blessed that God created me with a need for relationships. I am thankful for those that God has placed in my life to grow those relationships with. I hope I have the knowledge and awareness that my relationships will shadow the relationship I have with Him.
We are truly blessed to live in community and I feel so fortunate for each and every family member and friend that I am blessed to love. What would I ever do without Community? Thank you, Lord for your perfect creation modeled after the original community of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. I marvel at His Perfect Plan for us all.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

It is amazing how the Lord created each of us with a specific design for relationships and community. And even more amazing how he provides that for us. Every day I praise the Lord for blessing me with my friendship with Camille. Truly a gift from God.

Deb said...

Amen! I am thankful for you.