IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, November 20, 2008

JOY IN THE MORNING

We have all read the historical account of "The Trail of Tears". The story of the Cherokee Indians and their march from their home to the home the United States Government had found for them. A truly sad and depressing story-if you have not seen the outdoor drama, you should google it and read this tragic account of what the original Americans endured at the hands of the "Johnny Come Latelys".

It has seemed lately that we are all walking our own personal "Trail of Tears". I have so many friends that seem to be traveling down this trail. I am at a loss, most of the time as to what to do for them-But Pray. I often tell my family and others that life is not fair, but when it strikes close to home-WELL I HAVE NO WORDS. There are times that this bankruptcy in so many aspects that I and my friends are experiencing are beyond human endurance. "Life is hard and then you die."

The scripture promises though:

"Weeping may endure for a night,But joy comes in the morning."Psalm 30:5 (NKJV)

I am clinging to this promise!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Thanks for the reminder.

Elisha Leigh said...

Remember- never let there be anger when the sun sets.
I hope y'all got to watch Mean Girls.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Pain in this life definitely makes us long for eternity and remember that the best is yet to come!