IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, November 2, 2008

CLOSING ARGUMENT!


I have read with great interest all of the comments posted on the blog as well as first hand oral comments given face to face concerning "The Shack". While discussing this with BC this AM, he very profoundly told me, "It has us all discussing God and His character." If the book has no more effect than bringing to our minds God and talking over His character with others, it has served His purpose well. It is my belief that God can use anything and any circumstance to further Him and His kingdom. I read the book with the knowledge that it was fiction, but also looking for "A Word" through the author that would speak to me and my circumstance. I am always encouraged when reminded of God's great love for me and His ongoing faithful presence in my life. I am glad I read the book and take away a reminder of His greatness, His presence, and His deep love for His creation, mankind. As the author reminds us, "He is especially fond of me (you)". We are indeed special in His eyes and His grace is sufficient!
While reading the book, I was once again reminded of how we all fail each other. No matter what our intentions are, we will disappoint and hurt those that we love. I would lay down my life for my children and my grandchildren, but still I am sure I have failed them and caused them sorrow at times. Because of who we are, Fallen Man, we will follow the path of selfishness, with the resulting wound always leaving a scar on even those we hold dearest. There is only one who is faithful and will love us beyond our wildest dreams-and He is not of this world. My life is worth living and I am pure in His sight because of His sacrifice for me. My prayer is that I will learn to totally be dependent upon Him and turn from my bent for independence to Him and His glory. What ever means He uses to remind me of my great need for Him and how incomplete I am without Him, I am thankful for.
I welcome you reading the book and then discussing it with you. Which ever side of the pro/con vote you take-We will still be discussing The Father. I believe He will be well pleased.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Anything would be an improvement over books about vampires..haha. Seriously, I will give it a whirl sometime soon....out on the deck.

Anonymous said...

My wise wise friend. Your summation was excellent!!!
And I totally agree with your response!!



Goose Greek Buddy