IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WHO I AM-

Since my world has turned upside down--one of the things I have done a lot of soul searching about is just "Who I am". I've really liked working again--keeps my brain exercised--that's a really good thing.

I've loved spending time with LOTS of different friends---long time---new--some from long ago---all avenues of friendship.

I love being with my children and grands. As Friend Patty recently told me---"They're your crown." She's right---certainly my crowning achievement.

While Camille and boys have been here, I have realized one of the things I love most in the world and who I really think I am---I LOVE to serve others. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, playing---painting, gardening---you name it--I am game if it helps someone else. THAT is the thing I have missed THE MOST this past year---having someone to serve on a daily basis. There is NO GREATER BLESSING!

SO--I am in my element this week---still only working a few hours every AM---SO I have plenty of time and energy to focus on just that----WHAT A BLESSING!

1 comment:

knf said...

The gift of serving...so many people to serve and so many ways to use that gift. Glad God has shown you such a significant gift. I look forward to you sharing with us how God is using that knowledge in your world.
Katherine