IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, December 6, 2011

THE WHYS?

We all have "Whys" in our life.

I had a co-worker that I noticed was unusually quiet and subdued today---when I asked her was she alright--she replied, "No". I then followed through with "Work or personal?" It seems her husband died unexpectedly today-2 years ago.

I have another sweet friend that lost her precious granddaughter this week. SO tiny---and yet perfectly formed---here but for a short time---and now gone.

My sister in law has had a re-occurrence of her breast cancer --five years after her original diagnosis and now she has had to change chemo twice searching for an answer.

My friend's brother in law died suddenly and unexpectedly recently at 57.

My father died when I was 14.

After sharing 38 Christmases ---with a husband---this year he will not be with me---

The Whys of Life

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As we have talked about, I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine.....I feel for you so much....as far as hubby......HIS LOSS....Know that I'm praying for you daily.....constantly.....that God will get you through the holidays with as little pain as possible...as I know the pain and hurt will be there....that cannot be denied...I'm giving you a great big "virtual" hug right now...C U tomorrow! Luh ya! Goosie

Anonymous said...

The cross that held Jesus' body, naked and marked with scars, exposed all the violence and injustice of this world. At once, the Cross revealed what kind of world we have and what kind of God we have: a world of gross unfairness, a God of sacrificial love. No one is exempt from tragedy or disappointment-God himself was not exempt. Jesus offered no immunity, no way out of the unfairness, but rather a way through it to the other side.

Anonymous said...

2011 was an amazing year. Amazingly bad. For my friends, for me. Since June I have suffered like never before and the hardest part is I have watched friends disappear. I think I have stop asking why and asking what am I supposed to learn here God? No real answers , although when it is all gone through betrayal , fire, and especially death... He is the only thing that remains...waiting ... Waiting there for me.