IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, December 29, 2011

ECUMENICAL SMORGASBORD

I am enjoying feasting at the ecumenical smorgasbord! I have always teased my SIL about participating in worship at several different churches--at the same time. I have come to decide she may be onto something after all!

I have been working with the Episcopal vestry in a business engagement. I have found that I quite enjoy my "High Church" friends. I've always loved the liturgy and rituals of high church--knowing this has been used in worship for generations.

I am also working with the newest church in town which is a a strange duck in itself since it is the combination of two churches. WAIT! GASP---two churches are joining together--not splitting---WHO IN THE WORLD EVER HEARD OF THAT! The worship is more contemporary---get this---THEY DON'T PASS THE PLATE! You are expected to give willingly and as instructed in the Scripture. There is some hand clapping, some hand raising, and in general a little joyous worship. Pretty contemporary

Last week I attended Christmas Eve services with #1 daughter and family & #2 son--- charismatic---and quite wonderful. Free---worship as you feel--you may be sitting by a pauper---in thread bare clothes---or a granola doctor---quite the eclectic mix. I LOVE IT!

SO---I love the entire smorgasbord----could dine at a different table every night---enjoy and love it all--somehow I think God must love it all too!

No comments: