IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, December 10, 2011

IS CHRISTMAS JUST FOR FAMILIIES?

I have always loved Christmas---the lights, the decorations, the tree, the stockings,----I love to just go over the top! I have my house decorated from one end to the other inside. I am disappointed with what I have gotten done on the outside, but hopefully next year I will do better.

I love the special programs, the concerts, the recitals, the parades, the parties,--riding around looking at the lights---being with friends and especially being with family. It really all revolves around family and friends. How much would we enjoy all the sights and sounds of the season without our families?

The special reminder of the wonderful gift that was given to us LONG ago is certainly the most important thing about the season. We can actually love and relish that part of the season---alone---for we are never really alone--He is faithfully always with us.

Is Christmas for families--perhaps----but the birth of Christ---that was for all of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Christmas is for individuals. Family and friends just make it better.I think for too long people have generalized our God. Our God is a personal God. He loves you and He loves me for who we are.
That's why He was born and died. Let's love on Him and allow Him to do the same for us. Especially on His birthday. And this is my last sermon for today. Mike,

Anonymous said...

Christmas is a very lonly time ... He doesn't love us for who WE are but because of who HE is...HE IS LOVE and can't do anything but love us even when don't deserve it...or especially when we don't deserve it!!!! True Christmas (celebration of Christ) is everday for a believer. Just sayin...