IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, December 26, 2011

MY SWEET KIDS

Christmas is over---I survived-My children and grandchildren made the survival possible. We were all together at various times during Christmas week---some longer than others---but all together. We stayed busy-we cooked-we ate-we played-we walked-we talked-we were together.

Christmas will never be the same as it was--but there are many others that are experiencing the same struggle of finding a new normal. Is life ever normal? Well for many many years-I thought it was pretty normal.

On a cold-rainy Christmas day this year---I stopped and was thankful for being warm and dry---many are not. I had all my children and grandchildren-together--many are not able to be together. I had a great time cooking with Gabe and eating with all the family-many are hungry. I tried to put it all in perspective. I have family that I love and that loves me--many are alone.

It was not what it had been---but it was good. I somehow managed to raise 3 wonderful children and gain 2 more my marriage---LUCK?- God's Grace-plain and simple! I am thankful for them and our time together. So one last time--Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Gabe said...

My Sweet Mom. Nail on the head. You made it great!

p.s.
You had me sweating for a sec-
At first I didn't see the hyphen between the "My" and "children" in the first paragraph.