IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, June 14, 2011

LATE NIGHT ITCHY!

We have ticks to contend with in Louisiana along with other regions of the country. If you walk around in the thick pine and leaf thatch in the dense woods around this house, you might get a tick-in the warm weather-that would be most of the year! I normally spray myself with Deep Woods Off or Cutters before strolling out in the yard to work. For some strange reason---I was only going to be out a short time, I didn't yesterday.

When I came in and showered I found a tick--all the way up around my underarm---they love dark - sweaty---fat & juicy - tender parts of your body. He was a small one--but he had latched on and was enjoying a feast.

I carefully removed him---and thought "WHAT IF I GET ROCKY MOUNTAIN TICK DISEASE"---wait-this isn't the Rockies--I'm Good! I then thought---"OH NO---the dreaded Lyme's Disease" again--although possible extremely rare in the South--more likely on the East Coast. SO I'M GOOD!

Except for the late night----I am sure something is crawling on me phenomenon---I'm Great!

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oh Mom...

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there was no fat for the poor tick. He probably would've starved anyway. Glad you found him and put him out of his misery.

Chrome Cowgirl