IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, June 16, 2011

BUBBLES

My little band of volunteers and I went to Reading Camp again today. We had three assignments and I took the "Left Over" since I seriously owe these people for their willingness when I put out the call.

My assignment was "Bubbles". I AM DEAD DOG SERIOUS---bubbles are REALLY MESSY! These children are Grades 1-3 (upcoming year). Interestingly the younger children did the best job. Each child had a cup of bubbles & a straw. They blew bubbles and put them on their arms. We talked about what is inside the bubble and why your arm has to be wet for the bubble to "Make". We made bubble caterpillars-bubbles in bubbles-big bubbles and bigger bubbles.

The next part of the activity involved dipping yarn which was threaded through 2 straws into a tub of bubbles. We made bubble windows. The children were shown how a wet finger placed through the window would not pop it. They blew HUGE bubbles from the window. They loved it BUT

TALK ABOUT A MESS!!!

I should not have to use soap on my hands any time in the near future--!!!! Oh and you do know that soap residue makes thing slippy don't you???

Next week-no more nice girl--I'm doing the power point!

No comments: