IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, August 18, 2009

MY NEW TOY


I bought BC an I Phone for his birthday a couple of years ago. I AM SUCH A THOUGHTFUL WIFE! I watched and coveted those couple of years-but the I Phones were expensive! My razor phone would text-ever so laboriously- and make pictures and videos-but that was it!
Finally I saw advertised the I Phone for $100. THE PRICE WAS RIGHT! I asked BC for an I Phone on a special occasion. I think he OBVIOUSLY forgot my request. I took things in my own hands and did the deal!
I LOVE MY I PHONE! I am able to watch my stocks, access the Internet, and email-to just get started. I am in the process of deciding what APPS (Applications) I am going to put on it. It is LIMITLESS what you can put on it! I already have the Bible downloaded including daily readings. You can get exercise apps, food apps, game apps, and ON AND ON AND ON! It is a laptop held in your hand!
The one downside that I have noticed is the screen does not lock for a couple of minutes. That means if it is stuck in your pocket or purse certain buttons can get pushed by accident. It seems I called Camille at 6:30 this morning. Most have been when I stuck the phone in my purse when going to exercise. SORRY CAMILLE! I am looking for a solution-if you happen to know one.
LOVE LOVE LOVE my I phone!

8 comments:

Lorena G. Sims said...

I love my iphone. It is very handy to have it. I actually posted to blogs from it. I took a picture of my dogs and post it right then.
as for the lock button, just one press on your power button and that will lock it any time you want.
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Please don't "purse call" me at odd hours. I have had "pocket calls" before unbeknownst (sp?) to the caller. Interesting!

Chrome Cowgirl

Anonymous said...

I have aa leather case and it prevents you from pushing buttons. It has a front flap to protect the screen H

Brooke & Freeland said...

if you got to settings .. then general .. then auto lock.. you can set it to auto lock after 1 minute instead of 5 minutes. I just always click the power button on top to lock it though. Glad youre enjoying your phone. We love ours too. (you can do twitter from it also)

Lindsey said...

Just push the button at the top to lock it. Bryon has one and I REALLY like it! (Hint, hint, Bryon) There are lots of free game apps that I like to download to keep me busy during church...J/K!!!

Deb said...

I don't have an iPhone, but I love my iPod Touch. I too love the Bible Ap. I can send text messages on it and keep my tunes handy....and most importantly I can have new grandbaby pics at my fingertips!

Cynthia said...

Too bad we can't blog easily from the iPhone...I'd probably be better at blogging then:)

Cynthia said...

I think I spoke too soon...supposedly mobile blogging is easy according to this link. I'm not sure I have the patience:)

http://www.blogger.com/mobile-start.g