IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, August 26, 2009

MOMMA SAYINGS


Yesterday's post made me think of some of Momma's infamous sayings:


"You left good taste at home when you bought those shoes."


(Our first home)-"The house is nice, but you will never get your money out of it."


"You would think with all of that running that you wouldn't have those saddlebags on your thighs."


20 years ago-"I will be glad to pay for some plastic surgery for your face."


"All those years of wearing braces completely changed the shape of your face" (Not in a complimentary tone)


"You know when you were growing up I never allowed you children to act like yours do."


"Just what color is your hair?"


"Have you ever thought about getting a manicure?"


"Why would you have your hair cut like that?"


"Ladies don't sweat." (As I stopped by for a drink of water in the middle of a run.)


Momma was QUITE the character! Usually when she hit with one of her quips-I just stared in disbelief and stunned silence. There were times that I would just laugh and tell her, "You run your life and I will run mine." Momma believed in being frank-brutally frank-but woe unto you if you turned the table on her! Momma was a little woman-but she packed quite the punch!


3 comments:

About Miranda said...

That's hilarious!! All moms have their moments!

Marylou said...

Whoa. guess you never had to worry about her speaking her mind eh? Too funny!

Shari Wilson said...

Your quotes made me think of an author and her book that I just got finished working on. Momma Sayings and Life Reflections by Lori M. Hobson.