IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, August 13, 2009

FIFTEEN MINUTE MEAL!

I put my chef's hat on last night and tried a new dish:

GARLIC/TOMATO/FETA SHRIMP PASTA

Cook 1 # of peeled shrimp with 5 cloves chopped garlic and 1/2 c. white wine in 2 T. EVOO until shrimp is pink. (About 3 minutes)

Remove shrimp with slotted spoon-leaving drippings.

Cook pasta-I used red pepper linguine (beauty is this only takes 3 min to cook)-but you are free to use whatever pasta you prefer and plain pasta/wheat pasta/or vegetable pasta.

While water is coming to a boil for pasta, place 1 chopped whole tomato (or 3 Roma's), 1 can rotels or any other preferred chopped tomato (Italian/Hot/Mild/Whatever) 1 t. oregano and 1/2 t basil (if I make this again I will not measure these, but play with adding until I get my taste) and another T. of EVOO. NOTE-if you put the herbs in-say the last 2 minutes-you REALLY get the flavor and I personally think chopped fresh herbs would be best. Saute for about 10 minutes.

Toss together the shrimp/sauce/pasta/ and 6 oz of feta cheese and serve immediately .

DELICIOUSIO!!!!

4 comments:

About Miranda said...

Julie & Julia really is a must see. You'll love it!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Ok, that sounds really really good. I wish we had good shrimp up here!

SND said...

I think that I just might have to try that. It looks delicious!!

Deb said...

Sounds wonderful!!!! Might have to give it a whirl!