IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, October 26, 2008

SLEEPING WITH A DIFFERENT MAN



BC is headed to St. Louis for a company meeting VERY early tomorrow. He actually will beat me out of the bed and I will get up before 5 for our run. It is never a good time to be away from the office, but this is a particularly poor time. This means I will be tuned in to CNBC & Yahoo Stock Quotes while he is away and hoping to sell some of my short term stocks that have slowly drifted into long term investments. I am confident that I will recover-the timing is the only question.

Two weeks in a row I missed the high point of one of my stocks while in my aerobics class. BC informed me I have never had a more expensive workout. I do believe I could hire a personal trainer with the money I have left on the table-due to missing that quick and fleeting high. I laughed with a fellow investor in this particular stock, Friday night and told him, "We had ridden that pony to the top and now back to the bottom." Thank goodness we can laugh.

Back to the subject at hand, I had a very disturbing dream last night. Not normally a fearful person, I was pretty alarmed when I awoke with a start while dreaming. BC told me that I could just sleep with his gun while he was gone. When I am out of pocket, he sleeps with his gun by his hand. Now why he feels more confident when I am here, I do not know. Perhaps it has something to do with being a very light sleeper that hears each and every sound all night long. To make a LONG story short, I will be sleeping with NOT ONLY Mr. Smith, but also Mr. Wesson while BC is up North. For a one man woman, this will be a different and unique experience.

WARNING!!!! It would not be wise to drive down our driveway in the woods for the next couple of days. I tend to be pretty jumpy and have knee jerk reflexes. It could be very bad for your health to surprise me-especially after I have gone to bed!

6 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

I have one nearby too. Since I am by myself a lot, I keep it handy.

Olson Family said...

props to you for following stocks and investments!!! Erik tries to talk to me about different funds and he loses me somewhere between sentence #1 and sentence #2:) I guess I should probably learn something about my spouse's livelihood huh?

Good luck with the "other man" in your bed:)

Elisha Leigh said...

Omg! You're not supposed to have guns in the house- especially in the bedroom- especially in your hand while sleeping!! :S

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Thats a small one....I got a pump camo turkey shotgun under my bed now. The camo makes me feel REAL REDNECK. I mean, you never know who's balls you might need to blow off.

I am patiently waiting out my WHAT I THOUGHT were short term investments that are turning into long term......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Mooom, you're turning into Dad! Are you going to sleep on the couch with the lights on?

Anonymous said...

I like that gun. I may need one of those!

Diller Killer/AKA NY Yankee Fan