IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, October 29, 2008

DO YOU HAVE YOUR MASK ON?


Halloween is just a couple of days away. Have you bought your costume yet? Many wear masks everyday of their lives. The person they allow the world to see and the "real" person are two very different people. Everyday the "Mask" for the world is put on before leaving the sanctuary of their home and the "real" you is left hiding behind the enclosure of the mask.
What would the world think if the REAL face showed up everyday? Would the opinion of those around change if the real person were known? How many are hiding behind masks?
Deep questions in the middle of the week.
_______________________________________________________________
Cold 5 mile run this AM with the temp at 34. It is quite a challenge to get acclimated to the cooler temps. You have to figure out just how many layers to wear at what temp & know that in most cases you will be sweating by the end of the run. Shivering for the first mile & sweating by the end-hands numb when you get back in your car. We don't have many of these days-but I still like the cooler temps-MUCH easier to run in.
Reason # 4 to run-A LARGE hot chocolate with whipped cream on the way home!

6 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

"We all wear masks...metaphorically speaking."

-Ben Stein in Jim Carrey's The Mask

Hannah Lee said...

I thought about yall this morning as I was shivering in my car! Keep it up!

The Tylers said...

AMEM to that!! !It was every cold:)

David "Dutch" Boersma said...

I am on the sidelines of the RHS game on Fri nite.
I will be wearing a T-Shirt that says "I AM JOE THE PLUMBER" on the back.

David "Dutch" Boersma said...

I am on the sidelines of the RHS game on Fri nite.
I will be wearing a T-Shirt that says "I AM JOE THE PLUMBER" on the back.

Stinky Puff said...

blog comment to the mask:

http://littletexansblog.blogspot.com/