IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, October 14, 2008

AN ENIGMA

#1 Daughter told me that my posts had an air of encryption lately. I had another friend call me late one night last week and ask if my post was about her. I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT! I told you last week that I use metaphors a great deal when writing-but not always. There is hidden meaning behind a lot of what I write-secret hidden meaning. The entire point is to make you think-perhaps think I am writing just about you-or just puzzle over the deep dark recesses of my warped mind. I look for inspiration in my own life and the lives of those around me. To just write the facts and details of those stories would defeat the purpose and expose a story that might be better unrevealed. I hope you are thinking and if you have questions as to the meaning-post them in the comments or email me. Not sure how much I will reveal-but I can at least set your mind to ease-that I am not talking about you.


On a lighter note-today is friend, James'es birthday. James is in our small group and full of life and fun. We have a great time giving him and he giving us a hard time. He is a retired accountant-chicken/gator farmer. Lots of fun things to bat around. James'es Kitty left us two years ago after a LONG battle with breast cancer. Another victim in our peer group of the epidemic proportioned disease. We are cooking James a good steak tonight to celebrate his birthday. Like most of us-he doesn't celebrate-well alright we are having supper with James and if the mention of his birthday comes up-that will be fine too.


I FINALLY got back into the weight room today. It has been since the Houston Marathon in January. TOO LONG-but I'm back and will regret the long absence BIG TIME in 2 days. That and aerobics were plenty for the day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the whole reason I keep reading your posts. If they were shallow, without meaning, they just wouldn't fit you.
ej

Deb said...

hahhaa....you must have parinoid friends.

Yes, James is "Still Crazy After All These Years!" Hope he comes to small group tonight. Deb

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Is an Enigma anything like an enema???? heheheheheh