IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, October 24, 2008

Mr. Dillo

There is distinct evidence in the woods surrounding the house that Mr. Armadillo has been doing a little nocturnal visiting. He can be such a nuisance! Mr. Dillo eats grubs, bugs, etc which are under the deep Thatch in the woods surrounding our home. To find his nightly meal, Mr. Dillo digs and digs and digs-MAKING A TERRIFIC MESS! Covered with a plate of armor or bone, Mr. Dillo is quite unperturbed when I walk out in the early morning hours and catch him in the act. He knows he has a suit of armor on and is relatively safe from harm. Oh BUT-he doesn't know me very well. He JUST THINKS he cannot be harmed. I've seen the evidence of what cars do to Mr. Dillo and this lets me know something can penetrate that body of armor. He should think twice before he just saunters off the next time I happen upon him. You never know I might-just might have a BIG surprise in store for him!

If I call and invite you for supper, you probably should inquire as to what I am serving. Not everyone likes Armadillo Stew.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I am not fond of possium on the half shell... these critters are like martians to people from PA ...so strange and soooo ugly!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Dillo sandwich covered in dillo gravy with a side of french fries?