IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, April 14, 2008

WHAT A DAY !!!!!!

OLD UTILITY CLOSET-DEMOLISHED!
NEW STOVE WILL GO IN VOID

NEW CHINA CABINET


CORNER SINK UNITS



REFRIGERATOR CABINETS
I may need to go to bed soon. It has been quite a day! EVERY worker that I ever spoke with about working on this remodel showed up today. THEY HAVE SUCKED THE LIFE OUT OF ME! The carpenter came and demolished the utility closet and replaced the sheet rock behind the sink/dishwasher. Now that was a big mess! The two cabinet installers came and put in the above cabinets. They will come back tomorrow and finish their part up, except for the appliance garages which will be added after the granite goes down. The floor people came to look and discuss when they were coming tomorrow. The plumber came to put in the gas line and while he was here he cut the cable line and the telephone line. I SPENT THE ENTIRE DAY CUT OFF FROM THE WORLD! I called the cable company and then my cell phone went dead. Bobby has lost my indoor charger so I had to take it to the car. After I got charged, I call the telephone company. The cable people tell me that they would be here some time today and just wait for them. They showed up at 6:30. and have me back connected with the world.
I have to be in Monroe at 8 tomorrow to pick up the cabinet hardware. They will finish up the cabinets, the granite people are coming to measure and the floor people are coming. So far-so good!
I am happy to report that Lisa and Babs both did well in their surgery. They were in recovery and headed back to their hospital rooms when I got an update. An Answer to Prayer! Babs just needs recovery time . Lisa will find out in the coming days what is ahead for her in treatment options.
Somehow-some way I need to figure out a time to fit in my workouts!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, when you called the phone co. and told them your phone didn't work, did they say "Are you calling from your phone?" I just want to choke them! No, I'm calling to tell you my phone DOESN'T work-so how could I call from the phone that DOESN'T work.

Sounds like your crew got on the ball. Stay after them.

NY Yankee Fan
Yanks 8 Rays 7

Brooke & Freeland said...

Man I wish you were here to organize when we were getting all of our work done! It would have gone A LOT faster! :) Love the cabinets!! And Im glad your friends are doing better!

Deb said...

Can you imagine doing a whole house!? I know you are anxious to get it all finished. It is looking good and I am getting so anxious to see it all done...but not as anxious as you are!

Love the music playing....