IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, June 6, 2009

A SPINNING TOP!


So YOU ASK WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN????? Sit back and I will tell you about my adventures.
Beginning with Thursday------ Our nephew, Michael, has gone with his Mom on a Mission trip to Africa. Meanwhile, he is moving into The Conville Estate-West and it is in DIRE need of a long overdue paint job. While stopping by one day, he tells me that niece, Brooke, has volunteered to come and paint. I QUICKLY-really without even thinking about it--tell him- I WILL COME HELP HER PAINT YOUR BEDROOM. Really it was so easy to say those words. Michael leaves, Brooke starts a new job and GUESS WHO IS ON A PAINT MISSION. Thursday I spent the entire day painting the ceiling and kilzing the woodwork which must have a primer. OH YES-after I told Michael to leave the room empty-IT IS FULL OF HIS FURNITURE which requires moving it and covering all surfaces with plastic after taping off the borders. I AM CERTAIN MICHAEL felt the vibrations as I took his name in vain all the way over in Africa. This took an entire day! Came home Thursday night to supper by BC (Dowlings Smokehouse).
Friday AM- since I have been back in Erie-our personal business needs taking care of-so I spend half the morning getting things back in order. The second half of the morning was spent with a couple of sweet friends discussing their business and evaluating financials. I do enjoy simulating my brain with my love for the financial world-be it analyzing financials or playing the stock market. I DIGRESS. Around noon, I pick up friend Sonja PAINTER EXTRAORDINAIRE! and we head back to the Conville Estate. THANK YOU SONJA! She can sling paint with the best of them. With her expert help, we finish out the room in three hours. Back home and the "Master Gardener" has paid a visit and I spend the next couple of hours in the yard. Go in with enough time for a bathe before heading out to eat with some of the small group. The surprise of the evening was "Friday's In The Park". In the downtown Railroad Park on summer Friday evenings, they are having bands come and play. We walked over to the park and enjoyed the end of the concert and visited with lots of old friends.
Saturday AM- early morning long run day. I am able to go 5.5 miles which is the first time since the middle of February that I have run more than 5 miles. It is time to start working on upping that distance again. Make a quick trip to Wal Mart to pick up a gift and go by for a Micky D's biscuit (I DESERVE IT!). Home again and I have now mowed the front yard.
The rest of the day----Well Great niece's birthday party at noon and then tonight we are off to Shreveport for a family dinner with the other side of our family. In between we plan to do a little more yard work and make a visit to Nannie and Pappaw.
SOMEONE HELP ME get my mouth around "NO" or even learn to just keep it shut! Actually I love all my projects----perhaps I take on a few too many at a time-but it keeps me moving and busy. BC has offered to be my manager if you are in need of any help.

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

You are a wild woman! Someone get her a tranquilizer!

Deb said...

CCCJ is right, you are a wild woman!
If I were a brave girl I would ask you to be my trainer.... sounds like summer is going to be fun. I want to see Ricky Scaggs Sat. night of Peach Fest.

Hannah Lee said...

You are always busy-- it is what you do best. It does seem, though, that summer is when you are suppossed to slow down and all I do (and you too) is speed up!