IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, June 8, 2009

THE SEARCH FOR WATER

After spending the past 36 years being the sprinkler system-well me and the hose, the "Master Gardener" has convinced me that we need a sprinkler system. The "Man" is here today to put the new system in. First Susan took all of the plants out where my "Flower Garden" will now be. The pictures below are the "Before" putting in the sprinkling system.

The two beds in front of the house will be flower gardens.

The Big Question-the two Maple Trees
Asparagus Fern in Chiminea Was Susan's Idea


The West Side Where I Added More Hosteas And Ferns
Susan Transplanted Nandina Among The Fern



My Little Antique Angel Fountain Surrounded By Fern


I have the vision of what it is all going to look like and I am waiting with bated breath for the results. I have always felt like our home was a sanctuary, but this should make it even more inviting. Pictures to come of the progress.




1 comment:

Deb said...

I think Jim needs this.....he doesn't think so. Let us know how you like it!!