IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, June 14, 2009

LET THE FUN AND GAMES BEGIN!

Yesterday began the annual "Camp Conville". The day started with a drive to Tyler to meet "The Campers". I definitely got the short end of the stick since Tyler is only 2 1/2 hours away from Ruston on a 6 1/2 hour trip. That is 6 1/2 hours of driving-IF you don't stop and just keep on trucking. The "Boys" seem to like to tour "The Facilities", so that always entails a few stops. THANK GOODNESS for portable DVD players! I was greeted in Tyler with, "Where's Poppa Bob." THANKS A LOT! They do LOVE their Poppa Bob.

We headed to Ruston-pronto-haste. The rest of the afternoon included lunch of Ruston's own WINGS-SPICY! A little decompression time and then a swim in the "Boersma Pool". Friend Helen is so generous with her pool and her time. Poppa Bob went and fetched us all "Johnny's Pizza" and we ate pool side. By the time we got home and got settled, things became pretty quiet. Poppa Bob went and tucked the boys in and watched a little tele with them and OFF to dream land. We did not hear a peep until 6:30 this AM and both of us were awake by then.

Plans for Day Two of Camp Conville-Poppa Bob is the "Pancake Chef" as I write- Church - and then WHO KNOWS. We will see how the day unfolds!



I forgot to mention that the tail end of the virus I managed to come day with entailed completely loosing my voice yesterday. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO YELL ORDERS WITH NO VOICE?


3 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

Yay for grandboys! Sounds like their stay has already gotten off to a great start! Have fun!

Adam Jennings said...

Sounds like fun! I wish we were there too!
-Camille

Deb said...

hmmm good question..I have the same trouble during school! Have fun!