IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, June 25, 2009

OVER THE EDGE?

I just finished reading a blog that absolutely threw me for a loop. It seems the blog writer was informed that having over 4000 messages in her inbox was over the limit. FOUR THOUSAND!

This gave me pause to think-PERHAPS-I am just a little OCD! You see I delete all possible emails IMMEDIATELY upon reading them. Currently I have around 50 emails in my inbox-BUT they are plane reservations, internet order confirmations, pictures I have not transferred, etc. I also keep my Spam and Trash empty.

Now here is the "True Confession"-I clean it all up EVERY TIME I log into my email. I thought this was normal. Why would you want to keep all those emails? Why would you want all that clutter when trying to find a REALLY important email that you need?

I must admit-this is very similar to the manner in which I keep everything. Keeping my life de-cluttered is just second nature and I don't even give it a passing thought. I just "DO IT".

SICK or SANE - What say ye?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sick, but no worries, there are pills you can take.

Chrome Cowgirl

jackie said...

If you are sick, so am I. I do keep e-mails from friends on occasion! I delete trash and spam each time I log on also!!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Sick!

Jessica Stephenson said...

I'm with you-can't stand clutter of any form; of course, I my family calls me OCD.

Deb said...

Everytime I delete an email I need some info from it. Now I do delete most fwds and the junk...but I probably have most emails you have sent me. :-) Sentimental? hahahaaaaa

Bethany said...

I'm with you. There are a few areas in my life that might be a little cluttered (underwear and sock drawer), but not my inbox.

Hannah Lee said...

So So Sane! I do the same thing! You have to treat email now like its snail mail. Make sure you weed out the important stuff and get rid of the not so important stuff. You have to have organization! You go girl!

Ann Miller said...

talk about setting yourself up...definitely sick, but for reasons other than your inbox...haha; you are a james...

Anonymous said...

It HAS to be sane because that's what I do with all four of my accounts.... You don't say it runs in the fam, do you?!
ELJ