IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, June 3, 2009

MY SECRET SIN!

I know I promised a post today proving that I speak with a straight tongue-BUT feel ABSOLUTELY CONVICTED that I need instead to come clean with all of you. I am suffering from a secret sin and feel the time for confession has finally come! Almost EVERY time BC leaves town for a night, I am tempted and usually give in to the temptation. The sin- you ask- THE SIN, I AM SO EMBARRASSED TO ADMIT it the LUST OF THE FLESH! There I said it-it is out in the open! My physical body as well as my conscious bother me EVERY TIME I commit my sin. I am SO DRAWN to the flesh though and SO ENJOY committing my sin. The sin is committed and then I begin to pay the consequences that all sin brings. WILL I NEVER LEARN???? Why can't I stay away from the lure of the flesh? I sin and then I toss and turn all night in shear agony-----OH SINNING WAS WONDERFUL-but then the physical agony of my actions ALWAYS OCCUR. I beg forgiveness and I KNOW through grace I am forgiven-BUT I MUST SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES AND PAY THE PRICE for my lust. In the dark of the early morning I suffer the final cost of my sin while running my 5 miles in the heat and humidity of Louisiana. I am ABSOLUTELY NAUSEATED over my indulgence in the "DARK WORLD OF FLESH LUST!"


WHO, YOU ASK IS MY TEMPTER? Why this innocent looking -kind-and gracious Southern Gentleman. Who would ever suspect he would stir within me the lust and desire that I feel almost every time BC is out of town?
BUT WHO CAN RESIST THE FINGER-LICKING GOOD CHICKEN FLESH! SO FAR NOT ME! WELL MAYBE I WILL DO BETTER NEXT TIME!
OH WELL-I need to get dressed to go eat at "THE BLUE LIGHT". One of the Runners said, "I can't eat there, that Southern Soul Food is full of grease!" My answer, "That is the point!". I will be better tomorrow---BC is coming home tonight. GO FORTH AND SIN NO MORE!

5 comments:

Gabe said...

Dear Lord

Deb said...

You are a nut! haha....Jim never leaves so there is no room for any secret sins..haha...he knows every dang calorie!!

Ann Miller said...

talk about a page turner...i wasn't sure where you were going w/that!! i here oprah and her followers love the new "healthy" version of kfc...

Anonymous said...

Woman, THOU ART LOOSED!!!!








Goosie

marylou said...

have you tried the kentucky grilled chicken? I really want to! Remember KFC used to be mine & Camille's "go to" after church lunch spot? :) SO really you can blame us for your "addiction"