IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, December 26, 2007

WHAJA GET?

Did Christmas really happen? When you walk through the house, it is quiet as a tomb. The decorations are still up, but there is no sign of anyone being here, except for the dirty clothes pile that I am working on. Everyone, except Gabe, has pulled out for their homes and you wouldn't think it every even happened. After your children are grown, you don't have the stacks of toys to try and find a spot for in already over flowing toys boxes, so order is restored in a pretty quick fashion. If you open the refrigerator, it is still crammed with leftovers and Gabe still has a little pile of his belongings to pack up, but there is really no other sign of the past 5 days. It is kind of sad, but the good time overshadows any sadness. We made lots of good memories!

I finally got what I have been asking for as a Christmas gift from BC. A SUPER DUPER POWER WASHER! This is the latest in a long line of "Romantic" gifts that I have asked for and received. There was a chain saw, a wheel barrow, a GPS, and the list goes on and on. It took MANY years for BC to learn to get me what I have asked for. Each and everything that I requested, I have loved and use frequently. I have had my share of "Romantic" gifts, but the ones I treasure are the ones that he listened to me wishing for and took the hint. It's Not The Gift-It Truly Is The Thought!

Camille had a harrowing experience trying to get back to Erie. As they were landing in Detroit, the flight attendant announced to NOT BE ALARMED, but thye would be making an emergency landing, complete with fire trucks and ambulances. All turned out fine, but they were pretty alarmed. There connecting flight was then delayed because of mechanical trouble and they finally got home at 2 AM. She had to get up and work this morning-BUMMER! I am certainly glad that we did not know all of that was going on. Probably would not have slept well had I known. Ignorance is truly bliss.

My friend, Ivory, had a major bummer on Christmas day. She is a single Mom and was getting gas and left her billfold at the gas pump. By the time she went back, it was gone along with all of her money, her debit card, her checkbook, and her ID. She is MOST UPSET, and I am sad for her. To top that off, she has developed "runner's knee" and it still is hurting, even after laying off for a week. "When it rains, it pours."

We ran 8 miles this AM. I went to the massage therapist this afternoon for a hour session of "Pain and Agony". THE MAN CAN INFLICT SOME PAIN! I have one more session before the marathon. It truly has helped to keep everything flexible and the knots worked out. Today's torture found spots in my legs that would have made a "Big Man" cry. The end though is definitely in sight!

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

We miss y'all! Thanks for being such a great hostess!

Anonymous said...

your christmas thoughts are very compelling and insightful. Thanks for sharing these intimate family moments.