IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, December 17, 2007

A SPECIAL VISITOR



We had a special visitor come by the Conville abode Sunday evening-THE OLD MASTER ELF HIMSELF-THE TOP CHEESE-THE OLD MAN-SANTA! He stoppped by to ask us if this is where our grandsons, Caleb and Cade were spending Christmas this year. He has not been by the Conville home in Vienna in many a year and was just doing a trial run to make sure he knew the way. It was good to see Santa and we are looking forward to his return visit on Christmas Eve. All good boys and girls that BELIEVE receive a very special visit at this time every year and I hope that Caleb and Cade are expecting a magical Vienna Christmas.
While Santa was here, he asked about our
special friends, The Boersma's. We told him that we could run him over to see for himself how they were, so across town we drove. As you can see from the picture, Mrs. Helen was particularly pleased to see "The Jolly Fat Man". Dr. B even had a grin and hug to share with the "Man from the North". What a fun evening and just think in one week he will be back with a sled pulled by reindeer filled with good cheer!
Today was a COLD day for a run! It was some where in the 20's depending upon which thermometer you read and believed. This required about ten extra minutes for layering. I believe I had three layers on my top when I finished, but only one pants layer. The legs get warm and stay warm after about a mile or so. Two pairs of socks including a "smart wool" pair and gloves and mittens. THE REALLY GREAT NEWS is that I have found an answer to the really cold and numb hands dilemma. BC bought me these disposable hand warmers that hunters use. THEY WORK GREAT! The only problem I had today was that I broke one of them open toward the end of my run, probably from squeezing my hands together too tight. Fortunately they were between my gloves and mittens, so no harm done. By the time we finished, I had a coat of frost on my back from the prespiration freezing in the cold air on my top layer. For the first time IN A LONG LONG TIME, I wore a hat. That is a mistake. Next time maybe ear muffs, but no hat. My head was soaked by the time we finished.
I had lunch with Babs, Larry & Sandra at Sweet Pea's. SOUL FOOD! I especially love the chicken & dumplings, old timey fried chicken, & MOST OF ALL the fried corn bread. I LOADED UP! It has been a good day and I am blessed!
TEN MILES ON MY 59th BIRTHDAY-NOT BAD FOR AN OLD LADY-HUH???????

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

YOU STUD!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Santa looks oddly familiar to me. Wonder why? Happy birthday! You would think in the 33 years I have known you I would remember your birthday - sorry I did not. I hope it was a great day.

Love,
Adrian

Cynthia said...

Yep, I'm late....happy birthday! Hope it was delightful!