IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, December 19, 2007

SWEET ANTICIPATION!

Our dear friends, The Thompson's, are on their way as I write. I am sitting here with "Ants in my Pants" waiting for their arrival. All is prepared and ready-we just need their sweet presence.

I ran to Monroe this afternoon to finish my shopping. I am PLEASED to say that I AM FINISHED! What we don't have we don't need. Another big grocery shopping trip on the horizon and beginning to cook, but I should have plenty of help beginning Friday evening. We are so looking forward to the ENTIRE crew being here for Christmas. This will be the grands first Vienna Christmas and I am trying to make it special.

I saw a really cute idea on "Mr Food" a couple of days ago. You roll two scoops of ice cream-one larger than the other. I suggest you put these in the freezer and let them get really hard. When you are ready to prepare, put one on top of the other. The hat is a chocolate mint patty with a peanut butter cup on top. The eyes, nose & mouth are made from cake decorating candies. The scarf is a red licorice piece wrapped around the middle of the two scoops. The arms I can't remember, but use your imagination. You hang a small peppermint stick from one of the arms. Place this on a dessert plate with icing around the base and coconut sprinkled around it. This will be a fun activity for the kids and I look forward to helping them.

We ran a slow, but fun 6 miles this AM. Trying not to push and save those legs for the-----DRUM ROLL!!!!!!!!-------FINAL BIG RUN- Friday. At this point in time-just get through it!

I have one more Christmas story about Herbert the Elf. I hope I have time to transfer my idea to words and send it to you.

No comments: