IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, December 27, 2007

IT ALWAYS CATCHES UP WITH ME!

I am a bubble off center today! I seem to have a sinus infection which I am aggressively fighting since yesterday. When I don't get enough rest and over-do, I sometimes get under the weather. Under normal circumstances, my body is pretty good about fighting off any malady, but when you are also running LOTS of miles-well this tends to pull from your reserves. DUM DE DUM DUM! I am taking decongestants trying to unclog, but I seem to have a snout full. I even woke myself up snoring last night and BC finally gave up and moved to the couch. I have spent the day chilling and trying to conquer this before our long run Saturday. Ironically 15 miles doesn't really sound like much of a challenge, so hopefully I will just go and blow-literally!

My friend, Debbie, has jumped on the blogging wagon. HIP HIP HOORAY! I was beginning to think that none of my peers would ever join me in the OCD Trail of blogging. I have warned her that it becomes habitual and feeds that OCD tendency, so she can't say that I didn't warn her. Debbie is a hoot and has plenty to say about plenty of things. She should be a very enjoyable writer-until she jumps off the cliff of political rhetoric. Be fore-warned Debbie, I will not read closely all of the political ramblings.

Gabe left after lunch tonight, so Bobby and I are "Home Alone" once again. It will take a couple of days to get used to the quiet and get back into our routines. It was wonderful to have everyone here and that had not happened in quite some time. We are blessed to have such a sweet family!

I sent all of the left overs with Gabe. I probably would have just thrown them away. After 2 or 3 times, I have had it with the left overs. He had no problem taking them and saying he would be glad to finish them off. Good for him!

This is the annual "lull" between Christmas and New Years. I get the feeling we are in "no man's land" of non-activity between holidays. The big eating days and gift days are over and the annual "wait" for the New Year is pending so we are in limbo. This is a very busy time of the year for Bobby, so he is working lots of hours. I am not a big shopper, so the "sales" are not very alluring. I need to get out that stack of books and magazines that I need to read. Why haven't I already thought about that?

No comments: