IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, November 17, 2011

I THINK I NEED A NAP!

I am currently consulting with 2 different churches-----one very conservative--contemporary--on the cutting edge-------the other----long history----slightly liberal--by today's standards---High church--old school--long tradition!

One has a board of elders comprised of men only---no committees--lead by the vision of the congregation elected elders with pastoral staff part of the elder board.

One led by the governing council-which includes many women---committees--all elected and approved by the congregation as are all financial matters.

One connected in a long line of heirarchy to a HUGE denomination with well defined lines of authority.

One totally independent with no up line (well of course except for God) accountability.

WAIT a minute---I'm on over-load---Wonderful people --all of them---I just have a difficult time keeping them straight---who is called what and who is in charge--and where does the buck stop?

WHO'S ON FIRST- WHAT'S ON SECOND!!!!
I'm going to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must continue to do this. So very good for us and you. I think.
Mike,