IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, October 30, 2011

ANOTHER OPEN LETTER!

Dear Hallmark, Lifetime, Love, Etc--Channels---

I am finally at the point in my life where I can watch your networks--channels-ad nausem-and I must admit I am beginning to become a little nauseated.

How many movies can you make about "Happily Ever After"---"The Right Person Always Wins"--"True Love Overcomes All"---etc etc etc? Perhaps I am a little jaded here on Real Life Street---BUT LOVE BITES! THE GOOD GUY DOES NOT ALWAYS WIN! When you are my age----there is NO such thing as Prince Charming---and sometimes---just sometimes---we don't live happily ever after.

I must admit---when I watch a movie---it's all about escape and I don't really want reality---GIVE ME LALA LAND EVERYTIME!

Alright--I'll just change channels when I have had enough of LALA Land---I do now FINALLY have the remote in MY hand!

No comments: