IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, March 22, 2011

THE THREE R'S

As I was thinking and praying yesterday, God revealed the greatest thing to me. I was examining my life and the sin (you know the sin I don't want to do-and yet do as well as the sin that I purposefully do). I was pondering the question of forgiveness and grace (our sermon topic Sunday). Wondering HOW DO YOU KNOW when you have truly been forgiven. God place on my heart-the 3 R's

Remorse----truly regretting my sin and knowing the harm it has done to not just me, but those around me--what I call the ripple effect--the wedge my sin has placed between me & God as well as those that I have sinned against.

Repentance---going to the Father and those that my sin has affected and asking for forgiveness with remorse and regret on my heart

Reformation----as the Catholics say in their confession (Go and Sin No More) Until I have truly made a change---my sin is holding me in bondage.

Such a wonderful thing that God revealed to me and a revelation concerning how to draw into a closer relationship with Him.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

No comments: