IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, March 31, 2011

4TH DAY IN AUSTIN

You have to balance on the risers to paint the side trim since the treads are off.
Best Picture I could get showing one part of the stairs. After the landing there is another section just like this one going up.


Today started after a better night's rest. DIL gave me some melatonin. I've tried this naural supplement before, but she has a higher dosage that I have used. While I still wake up a lot and had a VERY disturbing dream, I was able to return to sleep each time I woke up. WHOOOPPPPEEE!


Started the day with a run to the grocery store after I realized that tomorrow night's supper has to be marinated for 24 hours before slow cooking all day. The early morning traffic in Austin is a completely different post!


I then came back to prepare the marinade and sit around waiting for #1 to unlock the house for my painting job. He is not answering his cell and I am sitting here waiting. When he finally shows up, he informs me that he has already unlocked the door. I CAN NOT READ MINDS!


I spent most of the late morning and afternoon painting the last coat on the "Treads"-not the risers---I am a dummy! I then put the first two coats of primer and paint on the treads for the lower staircase and painted the trim on the lower stairs. I finished off the trim around the stairs, while balancing on "the risers" and hoping to not slip and go through the roof.


Came home and prepared marinated - grilled talapia with mango salsa and orzo with a side salad and toasted sour dough bread. For the recipe---look at the food blog.

No comments: