IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, March 3, 2011

SUCH A GENEROUS SIL!!!

While the Jennings crew were here, Adam got a new bicycle. IT IS A BEAUTY! All the latest bells and whistles and super light! In case you didn't realize, they are unable to ride bikes in Erie this time of the year unless they come with skis instead of wheels. SO I KINDLY offered to keep it here and bring it to him when they moved South. I am SUCH a sacrificing person!

I then casually asked, as I plied him with plates of food, if I might ride his bike while I have it. EVER so generous and probably thinking there is no way the "Old Lady" will be able to handle my "Super Machine", he sweetly said, "Yes".

WELL--it's warm here in LA & ALL the Buds are out riding bikes---AND I sold my hybrid bike---SO---I took Adam's bike and had it fitted for me. Although Adam is several inches taller than me, what I lack in height I make up in leg length. I think the young man at the bike shop might have mentioned-not being proportioned--RUDE! He told me if I buy a road bike, I could use a taller frame---WELL as I said L O N G legs!

SO I am ready for my inaugural ride. The bike shop guy did say, "WOW this is a really nice bike! Your son in law must really like you." Wonder what he will say when I wreck and put the first dent in it? Would that possibly diminish his great love and respect for me? TIME WILL TELL!

No comments: