IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, March 1, 2011

HOT & COLD FLASHES


We have entered the time of year here in Louisiana when Mother Nature begins to tease us! Sunday we tied a record high for February 27th---in the 80's. YES that is correct--the 80's! I sat on my back deck in the sunshine like some old dog soaking up the warmth in my shorts! WONDERFUL!




Last night it was in the upper 30's, after being in the 70's during the day. Today we are mostly in the upper 50's, with a brief glimpse of the lower 60's and a Spring wind blowing. The pear trees are blooming along with many of the shrubs including the quince. BEAUTIFUL!




Do I change out my clothes from winter to summer---What do I wear today when it starts out cold and ends up warm?---Is it time to plant? Time to clean out the fireplace and put up the andirons? PROBABLY NOT!




OH-MOTHER NATURE-------YOU ARE SUCH A TEASE!

No comments: