IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, March 14, 2011

DISTORTION!

The clock went off at the usual 5:00 AM today for my morning run. The only thing is that my body just KNEW it was 4:00 AM. Still I drug myself out of the bed-after all I have a buddy meeting me.

As I ran in the REALLY dark of the night, I became aware of how distorted the world looks in "The Dark". You cannot see the pot holes, the cracks, the bumps in the road in the truly inky black of the dark. Your vision becomes eerily distorted and things you think you see are not really there and things that are there suddenly appear from no where. The "Dark" distorts the true world and the path that we are on.

The only answer is "The Light". Once we are in "The Light", we know where the path is leading and we know the obstacles in the path as we travel. This doesn't mean that we don't have roadblocks, cracks, bumps, and pot holes to contend with-. It just means that "The Light" helps us to retain our focus and guides us down the path safely.

I am distrustful of "The Dark" and thankful for "The Light".

No comments: