IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, May 28, 2010

WHICH CULTURE DO YOU BELONG TO?????

Remember this story? It seems a little ironic today.

Yesterday, I went to pick up my student that I tutor, her sister who is 1 year younger, and her brother who is 2 years younger (4th, 3rd, & 2nd grade). I had asked their Poppe (who speaks broken English) if I could take them to the Library this week. I told him that I would pick them up at 1:00, Wednesday.

I was 3 minutes late. They were all inside the house, but quickly came when their "abuelita" saw me drive up. After they got in my car, they all announced that they didn't think I was coming since I was SO late. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE???????

2 comments:

Lorena G. Sims said...

Yeah, I remember that when you showed up on time, the mother was still sleeping or something..
back home we have Filipino-time which is always late. It's frustrating almost all of the time.

The Tylers said...

That's pretty funny! What a wonderful assett you are to that family and many others. Thanks for going that extra mile in SO many ways!!!