IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, May 11, 2010

SCORE!

The jasmine is in full bloom. I SO love jasmine. As you walk out the front door the sweet ---but gentle aroma drifts like tendrils and pulls you to the banquet of tiny white flowers draping the basketball goal. The once well used goal has now become the home of a deep lush jasmine. Wrapping around and hugging the lattice and post and backboard and finally the goal itself, the flowers are as thick as a lush jungle. The goal that served my children well is in its old age now fully covered by the prolific vine. A well deserved rest after many years of pounding--the goal has now become part of the garden. I have no more beautiful yard art than it. It is like a silk ribbon tying the sweetness of the past with the beauty of the present. So like God to provide a bridge from what was to what is--and like the tendrils He is woven all through both.



4 comments:

The Tylers said...

I love jasmine!!! I have a new archway on our sidewalk in the back and need to plant some of that. It's beautiful!!!

Gabe said...

Makes for quite a challenging baseline shot.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

That looks really good! Although I'm sorry that it will get destroyed next time we are in Ruston.

Lorena G. Sims said...

That jasmine is gorgeous. I never seen a jasmine plant that bloom before. I love jasmine too, we had some in our yard when I was growing up. I tried growing some here in my office, it survived for a year and had few flowers, I love the aroma that comes from it but it was too much that it bother my sinus, I think it's because its in close.
Pretty Yard!