IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, May 9, 2010

THE MOTHERS IN MY LIFE

I have spent a lot of time today thinking of the Important Mothers in my life.

There is #1 daughter and her #1 son and baby on the way. She is a much better Mother than I was. As I was thinking about her today, I reflected upon the fact that I have been a better Mother than my Mother and that she in turn is a better Mother than I was. My friend at church told me we were "passing it forward" and with the passing God is blessing our efforts and making them better for the future.

#1 DIL--the Mother of # 1 & #2 Grands. A wonderful mother--she loves and cherishes my sweet grands. She is an excellent mother and a much better mother than I was. I am blessed to call her the mother of my first two grands.


The Mother of BC. One of the sweetest and kindest women I have ever known. She taught me how to love with absolute unrestrained vigor. She has loved her three children well and they call her "Blessed among women". A great example of how to be a "Mother".
Momma----I lost her on Mother's Day nine years ago and miss her each and every day.



Happy Mother's Day to All Mothers and especially you "Active Duty Mothers"!


4 comments:

The Tylers said...

Very sweet! Happy Mother's Day to you as well!!!

Gabe said...

You're a great mom.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I don't think that I'm a better Mom than you but thanks for thinking so! Just goes to show that you're a great Mother!

Marylou said...

I agree with Camille...only a great mother could be humble enough to think others much better than herself :)